Last week we reviewed the evidence that cats are smarter than dogs. But of course, there is smart:
adj. smart·er, smart·est
- Characterized by sharp quick thought; bright. See Synonyms at intelligent.
- Amusingly clever; witty: a smart quip; a lively, smart conversation.
- Canny and shrewd in dealings with others: a smart negotiator.
and then there is smart:
- Fashionable; elegant: a smart suit; a smart restaurant; the smart set. See Synonyms at fashionable.
It is easy to find evidence that cats are fashionable:
Sadly, it is also possible to find evidence that cats can be foolish:
- Lacking or exhibiting a lack of good sense or judgment; silly: foolish remarks.
- Resulting from stupidity or misinformation; unwise: a foolish decision.
- Arousing laughter; absurd or ridiculous: a foolish grin.
The jumping cats are via Look At This, though the link from there is dead (This journal/poster is suspended -- Yikes) -- but a bit of Googling found this cache; and the dancing cat is via ChickenScratch.
For other smartness and foolishness, we offer the following destinations:
Have a nice weekend, and try to be a little bit smart, and a little bit foolish.