Welcome to this 145th Carnival of the Cats, as the year turns to 02007 !
Let's begin with Laurence Simon's (our honorable founder) very particular plea for a very particular peer: Catblogger in need of our help posted at this blog is full of crap. And let me add mine: I love Mog's cat photos. I want 2007 to be full of them. If I could help, I would. If you can, please do. And then . . .
- Cat torments human: Irina presents The Real Reason I'm An Owl posted at The IgNoble Experiment, a.k.a. Live Dangerously!.
- Sweet, sleepy, silly kitty: Genevieve presents Picture of Innocence (Ha!) posted at Prairie Bluestem.
- Kittens negotiate [very large] household dogs & dangers: Chris Dolley presents Home Alone: A Kitten's Guide to Fending for Oneself posted at Author Chris Dolley's Page.
- Orange cats are not noted for their brilliance: Da Nator presents Friday Cat Blog - You Can't See Me posted at Delectatio Morosa.
- Noisy kitties: leucanthemum b presents Friday Catblog: Ready for the New Year posted at composite drawlings.
- Beautiful kitty: Kimberly presents Feline Friday: Home is where the kitties are posted at Music and Cats.
- Ribboned kitties: Laura Lee Donoho presents An Unbroken Christmas Tradition posted at The Wide Awake Cafe.
- Here's my favorite: Kelly Cat (and all the Good Cats) presents It's all Good. posted at It's all Good..
- Very busy nekkid Christmas kitty: Dragonheart presents My first Christmas: Photos and Video posted at Dragonheart's Domain.
- Another busy [furry] Christmas kitty: Laughing Muse presents Title Deleted for Security Reasons: Cat Morning posted at Title Deleted for Security Reasons.
- People, politics, pigs, & kitties: Sissy Willis presents Give to those who cannot give you anything back, Fooling most of the people most of the time, and To establish the right order of things posted at sisu.
- Even her camera phone kitties are wonderful: Mog presents Our Favorite Bad Boys posted at Mind of Mog.
Also, I found the Thanks card at left as I prepared this post. My guess is that a few of you cat blogging folks voted for Watermark in the Montana Weblog Awards, and I thank you -- Watermark tied with Raven's Nest for Most Creative. Come to think of it, perhaps we should have a Cat Blogging category in those awards . . .
Last week's Carnival was at IMAO, and the first of next year will be at Leslie's Omnibus. Don't forget to check in on the other kitty venues: Friday Ark, Weekend Cat Blogging, the Cat Lover's Community, Catblogger's Blogroll, Kitty Movie Monday at YouTube and LisaViolet's Tummy Tuesday.
Just a quick note, folks -- this year I have let a few posts slip into the Carnivals even if they did not technically meet the requirements. Today I am regretting that, as it seems to have opened the door to entries from blogs that apparantly exist only to display ads and a few one-line, no-image posts; or posts from real blogs with no cat images and only minor cat mentions. When I do the Carnival from now on, you will find me more demanding -- as I was today. Not sure if your post qualifies? Check the FAQ.
That's it for this year's Carnivals of the Cats, folks. Please let me know if I've missed anyone, or if there are wonky links -- it's been known to happen.
Today's graphics are courtesy of:
Except, of course, for this one: