Watermark is where I think and play. It is, in a sense, both an edited and an expanded journal -- edited, for you; and expanded by the capabilities of the technology. It's a sort of goulash of reflections, links, the best of my journal, snapshots (poems & photos) and web toys.
Watermark is not a poetry blog; though I do post poems here, I rarely discuss poetics. It has lots of photos, but it's not really a photoblog, either. I have strong opinions about politics, and those opinions are no doubt apparent -- but I rarely write about them.
So what do I write about? I hope you'll visit often, even subscribe, and find out.
[About This Site category on Watermark]
- Please feel free to join in at the INTRODUCE YOURSELF post, even if you are new to Watermark. This comment thread will also give you a good sense of who else visits here.
- Because my energy is erratic, I may not respond to comments quickly, or at all. This is unfair, since I value comments tremendously, and they are significant in maintaining my blogging momentum. But still, I ration energy carefully: posting comes first, reading (books & blogs) next; and commenting somewhat later. Well, actually, a few other things (pets, people, thinking -- not housekeeping) come first ...
- Shy about commenting? Please feel free to email me: blogdiva AT sbpoet DOT com, or chat or leave a message if I'm not available.
- Comments are occassionally moderated for brief periods, not to filter differing opinions, nor even to corral rudeness (which is quite rare here) but when I am overcome with annoying and offensive spam. It is unusual indeed for me to not publish a comment from an individual -- though I can be provoked.
- I have moved most outward links to the POETRY LINKS and BLOGROLLS pages; I hope you will take some time to check them out. In particular, there are two links that offer up some of the best of the web: the Coolstop Sidelinks button (which will open a sidebar for you to peruse) and the Soul button (which brings up a box with links.) Please play.
- You will also find links of interest on the NETWORKS page.
- I link to sites and posts I find interesting, authentic, powerful, beautiful, provocative, or fun -- and that I think my readers might like. A link does not necessarily reflect agreement, or endorsement. I don't do link exchanges, but am always happy to be invited to visit a new blog.
- I do my best to not link to sites that have popup ads. Occassionally I do so, if I think the popup is inadvertent, and/or if I really want that link; in that case, I will warn my readers to expect the ad. If you ever see a popup on one of my sites, please let me know; it is not with my approval.
- There are no ads on my sites, not because I am philosophically opposed to ads on blogs -- I'm not, though I have some sympathy with that point of view
-- but because I am very attached to visuals, and ads would interfere
with that. I don't get enough traffic to justify the visual cost of ads.
- This attachment to visuals also means that my sites -- especially Watermark and Links -- are very graphics-heavy, and may be slow to load. I think it's worth it. I hope you do, too.
- You may see praise here, now and then, for some product or service. I have no connection to any service or company, and am not paid in any way for such remarks. I'm a free agent; what you get is my opinion, nothing else.
- Significant edits will be noted. Minor edits for spelling and grammar are stealthily accomplished.
- When energy allows, I go back through archives to clean out dead links and do other minor edits -- most likely, these will not be publicly noted.
Copyright | Copyleft
- My work is licensed through Creative Commons, with some restrictions (no commercial use without permission.) Please do let me know if you use anything of mine -- and if you're not sure if you understand the license, just contact me and we'll work something out.